Monday, January 2, 2012

Jello Salad

On the sixth day of Christmas my kitchen gave to me, my Grandma's Jello Salad!
There is a long standing tradition to have my Grandma's Jello Salad for any big event we have at her house.  I always thought it was this semi-gourmet thing that took her hours to make.  Little did I know how effortless it was to make.  I now know her secret!  Fortunately for you, she never swore me to secrecy.
Grandma's Jello Salad (makes a 9x13 pan size):
2 small boxes of strawberry jello (or one big box)
1 can of crushed pineapple (don't drain the juice)
10 frozen strawberries (cut up)
3 bananas (sliced)
Basically follow the instructions on the jello box but reduce the water to about how much juice you think is in the pineapple.  Put 9x13 casserole dish or bowl in the fridge until set.  Note: I've noticed that it takes longer to set than normal jello so plan ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment