Friday, February 8, 2013

I finished!

So a week ago (I know this post is really late) I finished 30 days of not eating any dairy, grains, legumes, sugar, or alcohol. At times it was hard, at times I wanted to give up, but honestly I'm too competitive to have given up before the 30 days were up. Looking back, I'm glad I did it. I didn't notice any huge improvements, but I lost 8lbs and it changed the way I think about food and what to put in my body. Now eating unhealthy food makes me feel sick to my stomach and completely steals my energy. So honestly, I now love having a full breakfast of eggs with sweet potato hash browns or acorn squash. Cereal or a smoothie is just not enough nutrition to start out my busy days. Sipping peppermint tea at night is now a favorite pass time. Cooking healthy and whole meals has become fairly easy. So, thats my story.

Day 27-Monday (work started for me and whole meals went out the window)
Breakfast: eggs with acorn squash
Lunch: Curtis has leftover roast, I ended up staying at work longer than anticipated and just ate a smashed larabar found in my purse
Dinner: I found time to make some sauce and Curtis made himself zucchini noodles.

Day 28-Tuesday
Breakfast: eggs with potato pancakes and coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: leftover tortilla soup with 1/2 avocado, some cashews and an apple
Dinner: Curtis had grilled lemon salmon and a salad. I ran out the door to go to a sub job and again ate a smashed larabar from my purse.
(note: the larabars are nice but I definitely notice that it doesn't keep my energy levels up for a long period of time. I need to start packing better lunches)

Day 29-Wednesday
Breakfast: eggs with potato pancakes and coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: leftover tortilla soup with 1/2 avocado, an apple and some coconut flakes
Dinner: leftover sauce over zucchini noodles

Day 30-Thursday (january 31st!)
Breakfast: my now favorite breakfast: eggs with acorn squash and coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: salad with leftover roast and an apple, celery sticks, and coconut flakes
Dinner: BBQ ribs, mashed sweet potato/turnips, and a salad.
Typical breakfast

Oh Beer, how I've missed thee!!!
Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger at Russian River  Brewing Company


1 comment: