Thursday, January 10, 2013

Life on Whole 30 day 6, 7, and 8

Looking back over those past couple of days, I'm glad I didn't post until now. I would have discouraged anyone from trying to start the gut healing, psychologically challenging cleanse. I didn't feel well, I had no energy and food made me gag. Well, we are mostly past that. I actually slept really well last night and woke up at 5:30 and just bounced out of bed. Hopefully the promised great sleep, more energy, and the gut healing continues.

The following meals were mostly ate by my husband:
Day 6-ACV elixir
B- breakfast casserole (aka crust-less quiche)
L-leftover soup
D-Mexican themed dinner of chicken fajita over cilantro cauliflower "rice" with guacamole and salsa.

Day 7-ACV elixir
B-quiche
L-leftovers
D-marinaded steak with grilled zucchini and a salad

Day 8-ACV elixir
B-quiche
L-leftover steak over a big green salad
D-meaty sauce over spaghetti noodles

Whole 30 Quiche
10 eggs (from my chickens)
1/2 water or coconut milk
3/4c. Mashed white sweet potatoes
1big all natural Italian chicken sausage
1/2 bell pepper
1/8tsp dried mustard
Salt and pepper to taste.
I also almost added some broccoli but totally forgot until it was already in the oven.
Mix all together and bake 350F for 30-45 min or until completely cooked.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment