Friday, January 4, 2013

After Christmas Cleanse-Whole 30

Its that time of year again where I band with a couple of people and do a cleanse.  Normally I only do the cleanse of my choice for two weeks, but this year I'm upping it to the Whole 30 cleanse.  You guessed it. We will be doing it for a full 30 days.  Two years ago, I got my husband to join me for two full weeks. Afterwards, he said he felt great.  This year, when I suggested a 30 day cleanse, he happily agreed...sorta happily agreed, but still agreed.

What the Whole 30 entails: No sugars, dairy, grains (of any kind), and alcohol.  So basically we can eat veggies, meat, and good oils (I only have olive oil and coconut oil on hand but I'd like to add some others)
Day 1: Started with a cup of water and 1 TBSP Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
B-eggs with 1/2 avocado
snack-apple
L-Salad with chicken
snack-some raw almonds
D-Thai Beef over mashed sweet potatoes and a salad

Day 2: 1 cup water with the apple cider vinegar
B-Fruit smoothie (banana, blue berries, strawberries, spinach, and kale)
snack-cashews and an apple (I should not have had that much fruit but it was easy to grab when leaving for work)
L-Leftover Thai Beef dinner with a salad (ate lunch at 2, so didn't need a snack)
D-Roasted lemon dill salmon with green beens

This was delicious and I didn't even miss some kind of carb to accompany the meal.


Today is Day 3.  I, for some reason, don't feel good.  Apparently its called "carb flu" and is cleanse induced. We shall see how much I get done today. The planned menu is:
B-Egg casserole I made last night (eggs, leftover sweet potato mash, bell peppers, and natural chicken sausage)
L-Last bit of the left over Thai Beef
D-Roasted whole chicken with brussel sprouts

See you later readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment