Tuesday, April 16, 2013

English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich-Breakfast of Champions!

Now that you've made Sourdough English Muffins, it now time to take them to the next level. In fact you could take it up a couple more notches by adding my secret sauce. Well, it's not going to be a secret after I share it, but I'm nice like that.

English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
-English muffin(s)
-1 egg/sandwich
-1 piece bacon/sandwich
-1 slice cheese/sandwich (so far I've tried muenster and cheddar and both were delicious)
-Liz's secret chipotle sauce
Cut English muffin in half and toast. Cook bacon (for a fast breakfast, cook the bacon ahead of time and freeze, just reheat while cooking the egg). Cook egg with some salt and pepper. I usually crack the egg into the pan, break the yoke, add some salt and pepper, and while it's cooking, use a spatula to keep egg in a round type shape. Once the muffin is toasted and the egg cooked, assemble the English muffin, egg, bacon, cheese, and add Liz's secret chipotle sauce. Enjoy!

Liz's Secret Chipotle Sauce
(note: this is also called chipotle mayo but I don't like mayo so I have a hard time calling it that)
You will need:
Mayonnaise
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you just want the chipotle peppers, not the adobo sauce)

In a blender, put in mayo. I usually do a bigger batch so I always have it on hand. Remove chipotle peppers from adobo sauce, cut open and remove seeds. It is very important that you remove the seeds. If you do not, then it becomes very spicy and not very flavorful. We want flavorful with a bit of spice. Turn on blender and add one pepper at a time until it is a salmon color. The darker it is, the spicier and stronger it will be. Store in either a container or squirt bottle.



No comments:

Post a Comment