Thursday, April 18, 2013

Greek Salad Dressing

I was craving Greek food the other day. Although when I think of Greek food, I think of a good salad, rice pilaf, and pita bread with cucumber yogurt sauce (tzatziki). Now please don't laugh at me, I realize that this is not Greek food, but that was what I was craving. I settled on making just a Greek salad. I searched long and hard to find a recipe for Greek salad dressing, aka I looked at my pins on pinterest and low and behold there was a recipe for greek dressing. The recipe was good but after some changes, it is now amazing.

Greek Dressing
1 C. olive oil
3/4 C. red wine vinegar
1/8 C. water
2 1/2 tsp. of each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried basil,
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. sugar
Put everything in a blender and blend well until all is incorporated. Serve over a salad. For a Greek salad I like the combination of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and pepperoncinis. Be creative, but enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment