Friday, February 3, 2012

Beyond your wildest dreams!

No, this is not what you think.  Those are not raisins with white chocolate chips, but rather dried BLUEBERRIES with white chocolate chips.  It all came to me when I open up my pantry and there staring me in the face were both the white chocolate chips (I had bought to make another batch of peppermint bark) and dried blueberries (to throw into homemade granola but never did that either).  In an instant I decided that I had to make cookies. There were no other options.  These cookies almost beat out chocolate chip cookies for me, but for my sister, they won her over and she never looked back.  She even ate one before dinner, so watch out!

White Chocolate Blueberry Cookies

Mix together and set aside for a few minutes so the sugar can dissolve:
1 cup butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar

Add (all at once and in this order):
1 tsp. vanilla
1 whole egg plus 1 egg yoke (if you like more cake-like cookies, go ahead and do 2 whole eggs)
2 1/4 cups white flour (sometimes I'll add an extra 1/4 cup, but no more than that)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
a bunch of dried blueberries and white chocolate (to your liking)

Stir until just mixed.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If you haven't eaten all the cookie dough yet, place small mounds of dough on cookie sheet and bake for about 8-12 min (I'm just guessing since I never actually time my cookies).

P.S. I never use more than one bowl and one spoon to make my cookies to save on dishes.  Do likewise and you'll never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment