Saturday, December 31, 2011

Peppermint bark

On the fifth day of Christmas my kitchen gave to me, peppermint bark!
I have a confession to make: I've never made peppermint bark...until last week.  Maybe it was because I end up eating too much of it at other people's house, maybe its because I'm scared of melting white chocolate, or maybe its because I usually don't have time for experimenting around Christmas time.
Well this year peppermint bark and I never met each other at other people's house. White chocolate turned out to be a disaster until I researched how to properly melt it, and well, I felt like experimenting.
Warning: If you have already made peppermint bark, you can stop reading.
1) Melt one bag of dark chocolate chips in a double boiler.  Note: you can also add peppermint extract at this time for a stronger flavor.

2) Spread out onto wax paper.



Note: When melting white chocolate, be careful to not heat the water in the double boiler too much or else
  3) Carefully melt one bag of white chocolate chips in a double boiler.
4) Spread out the melted white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
5) Crush up a couple of candy canes and spread over white chocolate.  Allow to cool completely, break apart, and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment